Fun and games- aka Procrastinator’s Corner (but that was too long to use as the page title!)
This is the page for when we’re procrastinating. When we know we really should be writing, but were just not gonna and no-one’s gonna make us!
Not that I would ever encourage anyone to do such a thing, or indulge in such time wasting pastimes myself, of course….
- “Fill in the gaps” romantic suspense titles and blurbs from the ever fabuloso Smart Bitches. Here’s mine-
- Make yourself a superhero or heroine comic book covers.
- Put yourself in a romance– I’m glad Harlequin still have this fun feature! Fill in the blanks and get a blurb for your very own story. We had a lot of fun playing with this last year, then it disappeared for a while. I tried three times, using the same choices each time. I can’t see my first try being a best seller somehow, the series seemed to get hopelessly mixed up, with the plotline of a historical from frontier America set in modern Paris! My second try seemd to be a cross between a Presents and a Love Inspired. The third has possibilities – very much like a Cathy Williams Presents…
- the ever useful I Can Have Cheezburger, and sister sites. Good for at least thirty minutes wasted time. Coming up fast from behind and threatening to overtake- Cute Overload
- Cakewrecks – when professional cakes go horribly wrong. Guaranteed giggles here.
- In keeping with the romance theme- Wedinator
- Fun that’s also learning and doing a goood deed at the same time? Who could resist the seriously addictive Free Rice?
- Or the biggest time wasting procrastinating-masquerading-as-writing of all? Start a blog!
He sung his needle when he glimpsed her running her cakes. But can he write her blue sky? Find out in…
Passion’s Enormous Hailstones
Hmm, bound to be a best-seller.
Took forever to load on my slow connection (it’s not supposed to be slow, AOL is giving us hell again- that’s what we get for being loyal customers for the past 6 years) but fun when I got there. I wanted to be a book wielding superheroine who hit the baddies on the head with the latest Nora Roberts, but had to make do with a flame thrower instead.
I also have a lot more pudge in real life, but as they had no plump middle aged heroines, I had to put up with being young and slim. Sigh. Those were the days…
Shame I didn’t discover flame throwers sooner.
Quite a chic accessory for the super-heroine around town.
To escape the persistent women who were always hot on his heels for attention, billionaire Arthur impulsively asks his feisty office cleaner to be his convenient mistress!
Jane reluctantly agrees—who would say no to such an incredibly attractive and commanding military man? He’s wealthy with a glamorous lifestyle to match, while she can only dream of someday seeing Paris, the City of Lights and becoming an award-winning writer. What she hasn’t realized is her role isn’t just to be on his arm in public—but to be his hopelessly romantic mistress in private, too!
Also links to the free Harlequin e-books for the 60th anniversary celebrations.
Let me know your favourite procrastinations, and I’ll add them to the list!